Coconut water is the fluid in the interior of young coconut. Coconut water is from one of the nature’s most energizing drinks, and consumed worldwide for its nutritious and best health benefit properties.
Green tender Coconut contains about 200 to 1000 ml of water depending on type and size.
The water is obtained by opening a tender, green, and undamaged coconut. Inside liquid is sweet, sterilized and composed of unique chemicals such as sugars, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, enzymes, amino acids, cytokine, and phytohormones.
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Total Fat||0.20 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1.1 g||3%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.043 mg||<1%|
|Vitamin C||2.4 mg||4%|
Health benefits of Coconut water
- Coconut water is generally offered to the patients with diarrhea to replace the fluid loss from the gastrointestinal tract and reduce the need of intravenous treatment.
- Coconut water is a better composition of minerals like calcium, iron, manganese, and zinc potassium, copper along with vital amino acids
- Coconut water contains a good quantity of electrolyte potassium. 100 ml of water has 250 mg of potassium and 105 mg of sodium. These helps in stock up of electrolyte deficiency in the body caused due to diarrhea. Coconut water is also rich in magnesium, chlorides, protein and sodium. This is best for lowering the blood pressure and helps to maintain the good heart functioning.
- We can store raw tender coconuts in the home at room temperature about 5-10 days. Opened Coconut water turns vinegary in taste and off-flavored due to powerful enzymatic activity thus consume it immediately.
- Coconut water drinking is considered safe in pregnancy; infants as in good health and in diseased conditions can have it as well
- Drinking coconut water benefits are recognized for their anti-aging effects. Coconut water is the most pure drink after the water which helps to hydrate the skin, maintain youthful soft skin. Coconut water contains anti-oxidants, Vitamin C, calcium and riboflavin.
- Lauric acid in coconut water contains anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti- viral properties which help to improve immune system.