Coconut water is excellent drink for Diabetes (either Type-1 or Type 2 diabetes) as it contains certain dietary values which help to control the blood sugar levels. Being rich in fiber with alkaline pH food, low-glycemic and low carbohydrate profile along with their protein within the body, coconut water become beneficial in Diabetes.
The mineral profile of the coconut water is almost identical with mineral electrolyte profile of our cells that need for good health — potassium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, manganese, copper along with vital amino acids. Although having Amino with saturated “fattys”, acids Coconut Water doesn’t contain cholesterol
How Coconut water benefits for diabetes
Many health complications are related with diabetes, like numbness (lack of sensation) in the feet, blur of vision, and kidney disorders are some of the outcomes of poor blood circulation. Coconut water helps to widen bloods vessels, improves blood flow. Coconut water is rich in dietary fiber with also amino acids that helps in moderate sugar absorption and improves insulin efficiency.
- Many diabetic persons have a problem of unusual weight gain. Coconut water has the capacity to prevent unnecessary hunger, thus helps you eat less.
- Coconut is a rich source of nutrients like essential salts, minerals and no cholesterol at all.
- Coconut water offers only energy and not calories.
- Coconut water helps to improve the metabolism to a great extent. Improved metabolism will increases fat burning, Sugar burning levels within the body.
- Blood begins to carry oxygen more efficiently due to improved metabolism. Thus bloods have adequate oxygen you experience more energy and vigor for life.
- Coconut water is an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants, which are essential in diabetes to check sugar levels and maintain body weight as well.
However, too much of anything causes adverse effects on human being. An ideal suggestion is 8 ounces (Approx. 250 mls) twice a day. It is always better to drink coconut water in its natural form without adding any essence.