Sweet corn is a complete healthy food packed with Nutrients, good in taste makes it all time healthy snacks. Well, it is also loved by peoples of all age groups. Sweet corns vary in taste according to place where it is cultivated. The variations come in sweetness, color and taste.
Baby corns are the varieties of Sweet corn which are very young, small ears harvested when their kernels are at just beginning stage. All verities possess health benefits which makes them to be a sinless pleasure.
- This highly nutritional healthy food contains proteins, vitamins and essential minerals which is essential to our healthy body. Sweet corn is a diet food, rich in Antioxidants and also these Kernels are richest source of dietary fiber, 100gm kernel provides 2 gm or 5% of our daily need of dietary fiber.
- Being rich in the Antioxidants like phenolic flavonoid antioxidant, ferulic acid, sweet corn helps in fight back Cancer. It is proved that the ferulic acid plays a crucial role in preventing cancers, ageing and inflammation in human body. 100 gm of fresh kernels provide 187 IU or 6% of daily-requirement of Vitamin-A. Sweet corn contains lutein and zeaxanthin, the two major phytochemicals which helps in Eye care and promotes healthy vision.
- Fiber rich diet food helps the people to control blood sugar levels. Sweet corn is rich in dietary fiber, 100 g kernels gives 2 gm or 5% of daily dietary fiber requirement, thereby reduces the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Sweet Corn is a high-quality source of the Vitamin folate which keeps cardiovascular health in normal, and appreciably reduces the risk of neural tube birth defects.
- Sweet corn is rich in thiamin (Vitamin B1) which functions in converting carbohydrates into energy. It also contributes in proper functioning of the heart, muscles and nervous system.
- Further, Sweet corn is a healthy food that contains well amount of some important minerals like Zinc, Magnesium, Copper, Iron, and Manganese which possess numerous health benefits.
- Farm fresh, rare milky sweet corn may be eaten as it is, still without boiled or steamed.
Boil in salt water or Steam the Corn to make a delicious healthy food and serve it with little butter.
- Sweet corn soup and chowder are the much loved starters in almost all over the world.
Sweet corn is simplest way to have purest pleasures in the summer. Healthy snacks made with freshly picked kernel added with butter and sprinkled with fresh lemon at the top, you cannot ask anything better to this. This could be the complete healthy remedy having delicious taste which no one avoids.