Loose motion, Dysentery or diarrhea can be defined as the frequent passage of stools which are loose and watery. Watery bowel activities might be common and usually not serious. It may leads to loss of water and minerals from the body. People may have diarrhea or loose motion once or twice every year.
Loss of water from the body can leads to dehydration. It also results in weakness, loss of hunger; stomach pain etc. Dysentery can usually takes 2-3 days to recover and can be treated with home remedies or other medicines. When diarrhea occurs due to irritable bowel syndrome or chronic disease of the large intestine, in such cases medical treatment is the best option.
Causes of Loose Motion
There may be many reasons for loose motions. The important one are
• Food poisoning or bacterial infection.
• Parasites Infection by other organisms.
• Eating of Allergic food that distress the digestive system.
• Crohn’s Diseases and, ulcerative colitis and cancers.
• Medications, Overeating.
• Certain medication.
• Alcohol abuse.
• Stress or anxiety.
• Weight loss
• Blood or mucus in the stool
• Dark colored stools
You can treat common loose motion using simple home remedies to control loose motion. In case your loose motion or fever continuous for more than 24 hours and you are unable to take even liquids to prevent water loss then contact your doctor.
Home Remedies to control Loose Motions
Following are some home remedies using that you can control loose motion or loose stools.
Mustard seed contains antibacterial properties which gives effective treatment in loose motions.
- Take ¼ teaspoon of mustard seeds and add them to tablespoon of water. Keep this for one hour and then drink this water.
- Take this water two to three times daily still you get relief.
Lemon juice is anti inflammatory, so it easily cleans the stomach. It is proved remedy in loose motions since long.
- Extract the full Lemon juice. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of sugar to it. Mix it well.
- Consume this lemonade at interval of one hour till you feel the toxins are flushed out. Use this for three days for better results.
- During this period consume just soup or liquid food. Within 4-5 days get back to your normal diet.
Pomegranate is a fruit that will help in reducing the loose motion problems that you are suffering from effectively.
- Eating the pomegranate seeds will control the loose motion problem.
- You have to eat two normal size fruits daily to control loose motions.
- You can drink a glass of pomegranate juice at least three times a day to see effective results.
Consuming bananas with a little curd is the most traditional home remedy to control the loose motions and this works wonderfully.
Methi or Fenugreek Seeds
- Having antibacterial and antifungal properties Fenugreek is an excellent home remedy to control loose motions.
- Take one to two teaspoons of dried fenugreek seeds and powder it, mix this powder in a glass of water and take it in the morning on an empty stomach for two to three days to completely get relief from loose motions.
Honey is wonderful natural medicines which cure a lot of health problems and which is very effective in controlling loose motions also.
- Take a teaspoon of pure honey. Add ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in it and mix all in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this water in the morning on empty stomach. Repeat this at least two times daily to cure your stomach infection. You will get results in just two days.
- Buttermilk is a fine health drink and very effective in soothing the digestive system to bring back on track.
- The acidic nature of buttermilk fights bacteria and germs in the digestive system.
- Add a teaspoon of salt a pinch of black pepper powder or Jeera powder or turmeric powder in Butter milk, mix it well.
- Drink this buttermilk two to three times a daily to control loose motions.
Prepare a Healthy Drink
- A drink made by mixing turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt in the water is a very effective treatment in controlling loose motion.
- Take two tablespoons of curd, ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, a pinch of asafetida [Gum], curry leaves, salt and boil these in water.
- Just at water reaches the boiling point. Drain the water and cool it.
- Drink these two times daily for three days to control loose motion problems.
- Mint leaves are also good in to treat loose motions or diarrhea.
- It helps in quick digestion and contains antibacterial properties. It can be consumed in any form.
- Just chew one or two mint leaves daily after meals to help in the digestion process.
- This will also prevent you from distress loose motions.
- Extract a teaspoon of mint leaf juice add a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of lime juice. Mix them and consume.
- Take this mixture twice daily for two to three days to control loose motions.
Avoid Milk Products
It is very important you should totally avoid milk and milk products for at least three to four days until to fully recover from the loose motion. During this period intestine is not capable to digest milk and milk products, consuming them will lead to increase in loose motion.
Foods to avoid
• Milk powder
• Caffeinated drinks
• High fiber or fatty foods
Liquidate Your Body
While suffering from severe loose motion, you may be getting dehydrated. Thus it is very important to keep body hydrated at all the times.
- Drink plenty of water [8 to 12 glass] during your loose motion time.
- Think for drinking of certain healthy soups or fruit juices to rehydration.
Coconut water is also a very good drink to keep you hydrated during loose motions.