Jackfruit [Panasa in Telugu, Phanas in Marathi] is from one of the healthy foods which contain very high nutritional values, even Seeds of Jackfruit also edible which is rich source of Vitamins and minerals.
Jackfruit is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Sodium, and many more Minerals and Vitamins.
Here are some of the healthy eating benefits of Jackfruit.
- Jackfruit is an extreme source of vitamin C making this fruit an excellent antioxidant, antiviral and antiseptic. Vitamin C helps to boost functioning of the immune system. Having a healthy immune system can protect us from diseases, infections and helps in healthy living.
- Dietary fibre in Jackfruit makes it a laxative, which helps to improve digestion process and can prevent constipation as well.
- Beside of vitamin C, jackfruit is rich in special cancer-fighting phytonutrients like as lignans, isoflavones and saponins.
- These nutrients slow down the formation of free radicals that cause cancer and also increases the lives of other cells in the body.
- The nutrients in Jackfruit also stop developing of cancer cells.
- Our skin constantly exposes to pollution, UV rays, smoke etc. which ills the skin and speeds up the Skin ageing process.
- Rich in Antioxidant, Jackfruit slowdowns process of realising these free radicals which causes ageing and keeps healthy skin. Because it is proved that people eating high antioxidant foods have slow ageing effect than natural.
- Jackfruit also fights against ulcers and makes the skin look younger by slowing down the ageing process.
- Vitamin A in Jackfruit is a vital nutrient for eye health. It increases eye visualization and protects from free radicals.
- Having rich source of other Antioxidants, Jackfruit is highly effective to prevent degeneration of the retina [Especially for Diabetics] and protects from cataract and macular degeneration.
- A jackfruit seed having rich sources of manganese also helps to control blood sugar levels.
- Good amount of calcium in Jackfruit helps to strengthen and boost the bone health.
- Adding jackfruit in healthy diet can also prevent bone disorder like osteoporosis.
- Jackfruit also contains potassium which helps to decrease the loss of Calcium through kidney. This also retains calcium content in the body.
- Jackfruit contains high amount of carbohydrate and calorie along-with trouble-free sugar like fructose and sucrose, hence it provides a quick energy.
- Jackfruit does not contain cholesterol, so it makes the jackfruit safe and healthy food.
- Jackfruit seeds are rich in proteins and other micronutrients, because of this Jackfruit seeds are perfect treatment to cure skin diseases and to alleviate mental stress.
- Eating Jack fruit seeds can keep the skin wetness levels high. It also helps in preventing hair loss and liver under check
Maintain Blood Pressure:
- Having rich in potassium it maintains sodium level and fluid level i.e. to balance electrolyte in the body. Thus Jackfruit Keep the blood pressure in control and helps to reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Jackfruit contain vitamins like Vitamin A, C, E, K, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, Vitamin B6 and minerals copper, manganese and magnesium which are significant in formation of blood.
- Having rich in Vitamin C, jackfruit increases the body capacity to absorb more iron. Thus it plays an important role in increasing Haemoglobin level to prevent and cure anaemia.
- A Jack Fruit seed helps to maintain a good blood circulation which is essential for healthy hair growth.
- The vitamin A in the seed promotes healthy hair and it tries to put an end to dry and brittle hair.