The Latest study findings, published in the Journal of Nutrition, state that the components found in herbs, berries and red wine may all protect us from diabetes. The scientists also found that “The Red wine can keep Doctor away”.
Glass of red wine a day “treats diabetes by regulating blood sugar levels”
A small glass of red wine every day could keep adult diabetes under control, scientists claimed latest.
A new study revels that Red wine, contains high concentrations of chemicals that help the body to regulate levels of sugar in the blood.Just a small glass of red wine contains as many of these active components as a daily dose of an anti-diabetic drug, the researchers found. This study further recommend that, moderate drinking as part of a calorie controlled diet could defend against type 2 diabetes.
What is Diabetes?
The diabetes can be happened when the pancreas does not produce sufficient insulin (hormone which regulates blood sugar) – or when the insulin does not work exactly.
The increased blood sugar levels in the body can cause fatigue, heart disease, strokes, eye diseases, nerve damage and may be kidney disease.
Red Wine For Diabetes Treatment
- Previous studies have shown that chemicals found in grape skin and Red wine called Polyphenols can help the body to control Blood sugar levels, and prevent possibly unsafe rises or dips in blood sugar.
- The latest study compared the Polyphenol content of 12 different wine varieties. This Study team, from the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, recovered that Polyphenol levels were found higher in Red Wines.
- The scientists further investigated about how these Polyphenols act with cells in the human body, concentrating on a specific “receptor or molecule” that sits on the surface of cells “called PPAR-gamma” associated with Fat cell development, energy storage and the regulation of blood sugar.
- These authors presented that Polyphenols in wine bound as the receptor and a small glass of wine can enough to rival the potent diabetes dose of Avandia.
- Study believes that, moderate consumption of Red Wine can deliver more benefits for diabetics.
- After research on thousands of people it is proved that moderate drinking of alcohol can reduce the risk of diabetes type 2.
- Moderate drinking means a small glass every day for women, and two for men.
“Our big problem is to convey the message of a healthy lifestyle because too much wine can also cause diabetes and obesity [It’s strange!]
However the alcohol in wine contain high calories and can lead to weight gain, which can sometimes exceed the benefits we get from this Beverage.
Here are some wonderful benefits of red wine:
# Cancer Treatment
The antioxidant “quercetin” present in red wine can kill cancer cells, it helps to prevent natural cell death in certain types of cancers, most often colon cancer.
# Heart Disease
Tannins in red wine that gives to it’s red color, contain procyanidins, which protects the body from heart disease. Thus it helps lower risk of heart disease and stroke.
# Alzheimer’s Diseases
Resveratrol in Red wine removes blood clotting chemicals, a primary cause of coronary disease. Daily intake of red wine bring-down the blood clot-related stroke rates up-to 50 percent. It also helps to prevent cell damage and prevents Alzheimer’s diseases.
# Increases Good Cholesterol
Drinking a glass of red wine with dinner can increases good cholesterol levels [HDL] while reduces the bad, LDL. Resveratrol and polyphenol in Red Wine are related for wine’s longevity benefits, researchers consider that, the diet rich in polyphenols is healthful, being they protect us against chronic disease.
What is Resveratrol?
You might have read about Resveratrol various times, But do you know what is Resveratrol?
Resveratrol is found in high densities in Red wine and in Grape skin. According to doctor’s “this component helps to break down fats and reduces the quantity of fat in the body and this way it can help to lose the weight also”.